SATURDAY POST 15
Hello, hello, from me and Cupid-Clawde.
He’s recuperating from the second bout of illness, and acting like king of the castle dining on his lavishly expensive prescription food. In sickness and in health — there’s nothing we won’t do for this puss. All I ask in return is that he cool it with the yowling now and then, be my leg-warming reading companion, and endure the occasional photo shoot.
On this day of hearts and roses, my gift for him was to forgo the tiny bow and arrow + halo I crafted specifically for this one. He thanked me by falling back asleep (instead of climbing on top of the keyboard).
What sweet show of affection or simple, thoughtful gesture do you have planned for your loved ones, friends, neighbors, strangers at the market… Valentine’s proponent or not, go ahead and make someone else’s day a little brighter. It might even make yours!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The Great Backyard Bird Count runs through Monday! Participants count and report bird sightings to help researchers at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and National Audubon Society learn how bird populations are shifting, and how to better protect them and their habitat. Plenty of bird-watching fun left, so eyes to the skies!
- And ears on the ice! It’s talking…
- 15 heart-shaped islands and lakes. I like #14 Gaislachersee Lake, Austria.
- Did you somehow miss that today is Valentine’s Day and need ideas? Let me help: salad + entree + wine + dessert (or keep it low-key with a few squares of high-quality dark chocolate). Boom. Now off to the market with you!
- Or maybe you’re decidedly anti hearts and roses. Name a cockroach after your ex?
- The estimated last spring frost day in my area is 12 April. According to the seed starting calculator I can start some of mine indoors tomorrow!
- Cocktail garden?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Baking loaves from around the world + a recipe for Rosemary Semolina Bread.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!