SATURDAY POST 19
Hello, Friends! How are you? Spring is only a few sleeps away!
It’s warmed up on our stretch of the coast, but with that came the rains (and one unreal sunrise). Normally unwelcome, I don’t mind a downpour seeing as there is plenty to do indoors in preparation for my parents’ extended stay. My energy is waning from travels, though my excitement is sure to bring it back up to normal when they arrive!
Because I still need to tackle a few things around the house, and tie up some loose ends for work before calling holiday, this is only a brief note. So scroll on down for the week’s links, and enjoy the final weekend before the seasons change!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Does 3.14 bring you back to middle school math? Test your knowledge of pi vs. pie with NPR’s Science Friday quiz.
- If you can hold off on the a la mode part until Monday, one small vanilla soft-serve cone can be yours at participating Dairy Queen locations for (the 75th annual?) Free Cone Day. Donations for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals are welcome during this event to help raise funds for the 170 children’s hospitals across North America.
- Keep all those affected by the Blackhawk tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.
- New short video obsession: Yosemite Nature Notes.
- Leertretun, or stepping down heavily on a stair that’s not there (all.the.time), is just one of 120 indispensable German terms you’ll learn from Ben Schott’s Schottenfreude: German Words for the Human Condition.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- We explored the many, many benefits of eggs + my unconventionally awesome rolled omelet.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!