SATURDAY POST 23
Let the germination begin!
The raised bed and patio pots are sown in, and the seed flats are tucked in a sunny corner until the ground warms up and the seedlings are mature. Now to tackle the Seussical lawn…
Did you know that research links moderate beer intake with a lower risk of kidney stones in men compared to other alcoholic beverages, and greater bone mineral density in both men and women? Why am I telling you this? One, it’s Beer Month. Two, National Beer Day was on the 1st. And three, today is King Gambrinus Day! The folklore folks can’t confirm his details (my vote is violin apprentice turned brewer thanks to a devilish bargain), but fictional or otherwise, KG’s holiday is one to celebrate.
On that note, here’s to your weekend! Make it great, and check out the link love below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- April is Stress Awareness Month and National Garlic Month. Slow down, light a few candles and savor comforting, cozy wild garlic risotto with crispy-skinned fish before rising temperatures make comfort foods undesirable. (Prefer a tipple to reduce stress? Garlic martini.)
- Another stress-reliever: exercise! Take the 2-Week Plank Challenge. Body and mind will thank you.
- “Please stop coming here.” “Yeah, I know what I wrote.” “Eaasy on the all-caps!” Dying.
- My new favorite hashtag is#NPRreads … it led me to this story of a chef-turned-lunch lady.
- Camels carrying blocks of crystallized ginger + other tiny supper drama scenes.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- A lighter, brighter banana bread made with gluten-free flours, yogurt and coconut milk that’s perfect for rainy spring days.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!