SATURDAY POST 24
Lots of tasks on the agenda means a brief check-in here. Here are a few scenes from my week:
It was full and tiring, rainy and humid, but beautiful and delicious… to continue this weekend with an attempt at homemade tofu-stuffed brown rice onigiri, plantain tortillas, my first bread from Tartine.
And, to whittle down my strawberry haul, either a tart or ice cream (having last night finished the mini pavlovas topped with fresh whip and berries!).
Tell me about your week, or any grand plans for today and tomorrow — I’d love to know!
Before you power down and get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather, check out the links below. Happy Saturday!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- To kick off National Park Week, the 133 parks that usually charge admission are free on this opening weekend. Take this opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy our beautiful planet — maybe even plant (or hug) a tree for Earth Day on Wednesday!
- National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) also begins today. In partnership with a variety of other public health organizations, the American Academy of Pediatrics will celebrate the successes of immunization programs around the country, highlight the importance of immunizing, and urge parents, caregivers, and healthcare providers to ensure infants are fully immunized against the 14 vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Even I want to play with beet juice play-dough (I kind of want to eat it, too?).
- You’re never too old for coloring books.
- The Ten [Wine] Commandments. Always, always number 8.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Served up asparagus and olive-stuffed chicken breast with a white wine mushroom pan sauce.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!