SATURDAY POST 34
Earlier this week I spent a gorgeous summer morning harvesting blueberries with sweet friends and their intrepid little ones. And by gorgeous, I mean horrendously hot and humid, to the point where after 20 minutes we were all visibly dripping and drenched in sweat. Many tiny paper cones of ice water were consumed, though probably would’ve been better over our heads.
But, the berries. Such a beautiful display! The clear blue sky was a stark contrast to the bright green leaves of the tall bushes, with plump clusters of ultra sweet fruit warming in the sun. Worth the momentary discomfort.
This weekend is for housework + yardwork and getting ahead in work so that next week my efforts to step away for the holiday are a success. What are your plans? Relaxing? Farmer’s markets? Outdoor concerts? All of the above!
Check out the week’s favorite links, and make it a great weekend, Friends!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Today, 27 June, is PTSD Awareness Day. Treatments for PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) are effective, and help is available. Raise awareness of this condition and its treatments, and practice understanding so survivors don’t feel stigmatized or alone. We can all make a difference to improve lives. To save lives.
- Red, white and blue are not only patriotic colors, but are also deliciously packed (food-wise) with healthy nutrients!
- Keep the littles cool and occupied this hot holiday weekend with a DIY water scope.
- Best. Collaboration. Yoga studio + cat shelter. Two paws up!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Finally making good on my promise to share the Socca (Besan/Chickpea Flour) Flatbread recipe!
- Weekly Suppers: 15 – 19 June
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!