WEEKEND POST 57
Greetings from 2016!
I hope the new year is off to a tremendous start for you. We celebrated homebrew-style, concocting the first Heather beer — a nut brown ale that should be ready to sample in a few weeks. Later, a test of our knife skills for updated surf-and-turf, glasses of sparkly Cava and a movie. We signed off from 2015 (before midnight as usual) with the last slices of kringle. Today and tomorrow some building and crafting projects, ice cream-making, and holiday planning!
Have a terrific weekend, and don’t forget to check out the links below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- January’s Cervical Health Awareness campaign aims to raise awareness about how women can protect themselves from HPV (human papillomavirus) — the most common sexually-transmitted disease — and cervical cancer. Find out how to protect yourself and your loves ones.
- I’m nostalgic for WI all year, but now more than ever having missed our annual trip home for the snowy holidays.
- On that note, perfect pairings for cheese and drink.
- Family still lingering in town? Take a note from us and brew some beer!
- Wedding juice instead of cake. No. Just no.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Weekend Post 56
- My plantain tortillas are a recent guest feature on the Food & Nutrition Magazine Stone Soup blog.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!