WEEKEND POST 63
A brightly colored light lunch to offset the Superbowl-Fat Tuesday-Chinese New Year triple threat. Mixed baby greens, carrot ribbons and a handful of cilantro tossed in a miso-sesame oil vinaigrette topped with chana dal, orange segments, homemade red sauerkraut and black sesame seeds.
And now comes St. Valentine’s Day.
Because I adore any and all reasons to celebrate and show my affections to loved ones, I rounded up a few edible + make-able ideas: breakfast (1) (2) (3); snacks (1) (2); arts and crafts (1) (2). If it’s dessert you desire, this dark, decadent and dreamy flourless chocolate stout torte perfect for the lovers out there.
Sending all of you sweet wishes this weekend!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- February is International Prenatal Infection Prevention Month. Pregnant women are especially susceptible to certain diseases and infections. Learn how best to protect yourself and your unborn baby.
- If you’ve never been to Madison, WI, here are 10 delicious reasons to drive on through my home state’s capitol.
- Be my love bug! Candy-free valentines for your littles.
- Mast Brothers chocolate takedown?
- Make some time for self-love today, every day.
- Bearded piano. Just watch.
- This week’s holiday-inspired pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!