WEEKEND POST 81
“Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us we see the past, present and future.”
– Gail Lumet Buckley
Stumbled onto this quote the other day, perfectly timed for Father’s Day tomorrow. The youngest daughter, I was a true daddy’s girl, and will be lucky if my future is a reflection* of my dad. You really are the best, and I love you lots!
(*Mom, sister, grandma, other family, too, of course.)
This Weekly Suppers trackback is a tray of enchiladas verdes made with homemade corn tortillas pulled from the freezer and warmed in a quick green sauce — pureed broiled tomatillos, onion and jalapeño, Hatch green chiles, lime, garlic and cilantro — before wrapping around sweet and juicy sauteed shrimp. More sauce to top before baking, then scallions, picked leaves of cilantro, lime wedges to finish. I’m not against cheese or crema by any stretch, but these fresh-flavored enchiladas don’t need either, and are light, not at all heavy, perfect for summer with a tall cerveza!
What do your Saturday and Sunday look like? We’re exhausted from a busy string of work travel and night shifts, mostly opposite one another, so it’s all about relaxing together. Ooohhh, a make-up Friday night pizza, too! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend’s festivities, especially the dads, especially ours. Happy Father’s Day! Before you go, a few links from around the interwebs…
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- June is Men’s Health Month. Encourage your dads, husbands, brothers, sons — all the men in your life — to adopt smart lifestyle and nutrition habits to promote long-lasting health and wellness.
- Nick Offerman strikes again with a Father’s Day video that says it all without saying a word. [LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY]
- We are this close to finally giving Netflix the boot, but may need to reconsider.
- Significant otter socks.
- Timely thoughts, perhaps, for the political season?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom goes out to all the classy dads.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!