WEEKEND POST 89
A humid, overcast morning following another night of storms. We’re settling in to the usual few days on-few days off routine of late summer, all the while hoping the “ons” remain as only shows of thunder and lightning. And that they don’t too much hamper any weekend plans.
The freshness of minced roasty Hatch chiles with lime and cilantro complimented smoky grilled chicken thighs that were simply seasoned with just salt and pepper. On a bed of fluffy brown rice, this Weekly Suppers flashback was a light, healthy, yet filling meal perfect for hot summer nights.
What are your plans this weekend? Fortunately the rain held off yesterday to meet a few friends and their broods for a fun morning at the park. Fingers crossed I can say the same tomorrow for a walk on the ICW. Other than that, we’re laying low before a busy week ahead. My only real goal is to decide on baking and dessert projects — very important.
Wishing you a beautiful Saturday and Sunday, and don’t forget to peruse the links + updates below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- During National Breastfeeding Month, support nursing mothers and encourage others who can to breastfeed and learn about the benefits of nursing. Not only is it nature’s perfect food for our little ones, it saves money, saves time, saves lives!
- So many reasons to offer more time for kids in the kitchen.
- Fellas, hitting the gym lately to strengthen those ankles? Who are we kidding — of course you are! There’s still time to sign up and walk a mile in heels for the Safe Alliance in Charlotte.
- If there’s a tree in your yard that needs to go, consider this first.
- Yes, my name is Heather, and I am a birder.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!