WEEKEND POST 90
I had a calm couple of days planned. Early mornings in the garden, afternoons puttering with this and that in the kitchen, tranquil evenings immersed in fiction. Instead the cats are in rare form (terrible ten-months), my husband’s travelling fell through (yay), and social events popped up (mmm, sours).
Dreaming of Weekly Suppers past: salt block-grilled salmon + grilled peach, Vidalia and green bean salad with fresh basil and balsamic. Summer dining at the height of freshness. (Have you tried a culinary salt block? We were gifted one, and love it on the grill, especially with fish and shrimp.)
What are you up to this weekend? Enjoy the last of August, and don’t forget to click through the links below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month, created to raise awareness about immunization (vaccination) — the exposure to a very small, safe amount of the common infections to train our immune systems to recognize and attack should we be exposed, ultimately helping prevent serious, life-threatening diseases. Learn about the facts and myths surrounding vaccines here.
- Do you take your lunch to work?
- Pasta (a household favorite) for a very good cause.
- The road beckons. Happy 100th, National Park Service!
- Dreaming about laying on top of this beautiful iceberg to cool down…
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Snag the last of the summer sweet corn for my Fresh Corn Cob Stock featured on the Food & Nutrition Magazine’s Stone Soup blog.
- Preserving the harvest with oven-dried tomato slices.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!