WEEKEND POST 93
Happy Sunday, and welcome to a new week.
Do you ever feel like you’re living outside of your own body? I don’t really know how to elaborate other than distractedly going through the motions, recognizing, however half-heartedly, that the days are passing but not registering the individual moments. I’m not making any sense; or am I making perfect sense?
Either way, a bit too metaphysical for the day of rest. So, food!
Recent Weekly Suppers included an entirely skewered meal of chicken breast, sweet potato, red onion, bell pepper and okra; eggplant, feta and basil lasagna stacks; the obligatory Friday night pizza (a kind of deconstructed caponata with chèvre); and our latest whack at paella. There was also homebrew ice cream, and this brilliantly simple cast iron cod. Nothing fancy, just lovely and delicate fillets served atop buttery sauteed mushrooms with fresh oregano and a nice green salad. This new technique is a real keeper.
What are you up to this Saturday and Sunday? It’s still hotter than a boiled peanut on our stretch of the coast, but it seems the rest of the country is cooling down in accordance with the ending of summer. Hopefully you made the most of it–picking apples, watching football, less sweaty yardwork–and maybe have some changing leaves to cheer you along!
Here’s to a perfectly memorable week ahead, with a few fun links from around the web below to get you started.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- September is World Alzheimer’s Month, and research has linked high intake of omega-3 fatty acids to improved brain health, including a possible risk reduction of dementia or cognitive decline. Learn more here, then load up on fatty fish, like sardines, trout, halibut, and salmon, plus chia and flax seeds, walnuts, edamame, and even spinach.
- Perfecting the chocolate chip cookie, and when you do take to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #cookiesandkindness.
- Modern Farmer declared this #bisonweek (DYK bison can swim for 1 mile or more?), and its Instafeed is full of these scruffy giants (in Wisconsin!).
- Sunflowers turn their heads and grow.
- Bucket ‘o sloths — add it to last week’s request for fuzzy piggies!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!