WEEKEND POST 103
Dusk is falling faster and faster. High overhead one minute, the next thing you know the sun lunges toward the horizon line, the sky swiftly fading to black. (Save a few bright exceptions.)
Shorter days elicit groans this time of year, but for me, evening meals enjoyed by the soft, flickering glow of candlelight is ambience done right. To borrow from the Danes, it gets me feeling hygge — content, special, warm, loved. Words that also nicely sum up our Thanksgiving.
How was your Thanksgiving? Are you, or have you already kicked off, holiday shopping this weekend? Between all of the food-drink-family-football-cart derby, this can be a seriously stressful, trying time. So here’s to a restful couple of days before the new week ahead, and remember to take care of yourself, even consider “unplugging” for a bit. But before you do, spend a quick moment peeping my updates + link favorites below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Research based on a decade of data from nearly 1 million people adds more than 10 diseases + 60,000 American deaths per year due to tobacco — on top of the previously linked 21 diseases and nearly half a million deaths per year. Think about kicking your butts during Lung Cancer Awareness Month!
- “Unless a medical condition dictates otherwise, there’s no reason to cut anything completely from your diet...“
- Literally balanced breakfasts.
- One for the space geeks: virtual ISS fly-through in ultra-HD.
- My shelves combine “the maximalist” and “the dip.” (DYK that a recent study found that those who read books 30 min/day had a 20% decrease in all-cause mortality compared to non-readers? MORE BOOKS, PLEASE.)
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- A Simple Thanks-Giving
- The HGN Store now has 7 NEW downloadable nutrition handouts available for purchase. Check them out + improve your health today!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!