WEEKEND POST 104
Across the country pine greenery is replacing pumpkins, reindeer are replacing scarecrows, and possibly a shimmering blanket of snow is replacing, or covering, the faded carpet of crinkly leaves. Certainly none of that white stuff here; instead, my first glimpse of Autumn while travelling for work last week. A pleasant, strange surprise to start December.
At any rate, Christmas-y is our weekend theme, bringing ribboned wreaths, foraged pine cones, and glittery baubles to meet the Advent calendar and wooden manger scene. (I’m behind Linus 100%, but a touch of commercialism doesn’t hurt.) We also need to scrounge around for white elephant gifts — a gently-used demon kitten, perhaps…
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Approximately 30 deaths daily in the US result from crashes involving a driver under the influence of alcohol/drugs. December’s National Drunk & Drugged Driving Prevention Month campaign helps raise awareness about the consequences of driving while substance-impaired. This holiday season, please plan for safety: offer non-alcoholic options at parties, never serve those under 21, and always designate a sober driver.
- Tips to help even the busiest of folks cram in exercise.
- Never ever feed these foods to your pets.
- Commence card-writing! Don’t give the gift of bad grammar — learn how to properly pluralize last names.
- What does science say about women who have children later in life? #hope
- A peek into the Christmas White House — gingerbread reindeer + LEGO Mount Rushmore!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!