WEEKEND POST 107
Sleep, sleep, sleep, ‘tis the eve of our Savior’s birth.
The night is peaceful all around you,
Close your eyes, let sleep surround you.
– “O Come, All Ye Faithful”
Wishing you and yours peace, hope and happiness throughout the holiday season — the best time of the year!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- December is National Pear Month. One medium fruit is only about 100 calories, and is an excellent source of filling dietary fiber — about 1/4 of your daily recommendation. Pears also contain antioxidant flavonols and flavanols, eye-protective carotenoids, and the potentially anti-cancer phytonutrients called cinnamic acids. Include pears on your menu this week with my Red Revitalizer Smoothie as a festively hued breakfast or snack!
- The sugar cookie matrix.
- Icing yours? Skip artificial dyes in favor of homemade food coloring this year.
- This story is two years old, but DYK these facts about everyone’s favorite reindeer?
- Jólakötturinn: The creepy Icelandic “Yule Cat.”
- Some people say the animals talk at midnight on Christmas Eve.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!