WEEKEND POST 112
Any fun plans this weekend? It’s an extension of the work week here, and we’re looking toward the evenings for kitchen adventures, drinks paired with popcorn, and maybe a streamed movie or documentary. Watch out, right?
A solo-dining edition of Weekly Suppers featuring a shatteringly thin socca flatbread. Garlicky yogurt “creamed” beet greens at the base, with wedges of roasted beet and shards of Pecorino. Extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and a few squeezes of a fresh lemon to finish. Might sound and look simple, but really quite nice with sweet local baby beets.
Hope your weekend is eventful in the best way possible, and please enjoy the month’s final links + updates!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- A challenging time to meet the need of about 44,000 daily blood donations for surgical and cancer care + treatment of serious diseases and trauma, January is designated National Blood Donor Month. Don’t let the cold and busy post-holiday schedules discourage you from making and keeping appointments. Get more info or schedule to make a lifesaving donation of blood (or platelets) by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767), visiting the American Red Cross website, or using the free Red Cross Blood Donor App.
- Magically fun cut-out cookies. Snitch, anyone?
- Read about birds this weekend… like I am.
- Turn dreams of running a B&B into a reality.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom. Consider staying in the loop so we can ask those Qs some day!
Recently on HGN:
- Cardamom Pear Butter — honestly, give this recipe a try, then let me know what you think, because LOVE
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!