WEEKEND POST 116
What are you up to this weekend? With friends scattered across the globe, we have some planning to frolic in freshly fallen snow, some an early start to garden prep, and some, sandy fun at the beach.
Spring, almost summer, feels like it’s in the air here, so fingers crossed we can squeeze at least a short walk in between the many things on our indoor to-do list. While it won’t be gumbo on the beach, something otherwise just as delicious from our grill on the patio would be welcome, too!
In keeping with the warmth, Weekly Suppers to match. And because we can’t always sit down to a meal together, this is what meals for one are often like: Lemon-Dijon vinaigrette over baby spinach with steamed purple fingerlings, green beans, kalamata olives, cherry tomato, radish and the remainders from a can of sardines — the trappings of a colorful, fresh and satisfying, albeit sad, salade niçoise.
Take a look at this week’s round-up of links before you go, and heads up that National Nutrition Month® begins next Wednesday, so be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter for my annual daily tips-of-the-day to celebrate. Hope your weekend is most delightful!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- National Eating Disorders (ED) Awareness Week begins today. Four out of every 10 Americans have either suffered or have known someone who has suffered from an ED — a group of serious and extremely complex illnesses, arising from a variety of biological, psychological and social factors. They are often life-threatening, but early intervention can help. If you know anyone affected, please show him/her your support.
- Progressive muscle relaxation to relax and soothe tired muscles.
- Think processed foods are a recent invention? Think again.
- This is a tempting opportunity.
- DIY seed bombs would be a fun weekend project.
- A beautiful documentary about the lives of street cats in Istanbul: Kedi.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Quick weeknight sole and sausage (kielbasa) gumbo for Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!