WEEKEND POST 123
Almost tiny enough to overlook at the moment, I’m looking forward to these first homegrown strawberries of the season. Sweet in every sense of the word!
Looks like we’re primed for a beautiful, sunny weekend. Later today is a Greek celebration of Easter with friends — traditional spit-roasted lamb, tomato-feta-herb salad, spinach phyllo pie and our annual contribution of Ouzo-flamed halloumi cheese. Tomorrow is our two-person Easter, and we’re treating ourselves to seared jumbo sea scallops and a simple light salad of cucumber, shaved fennel, grapefruit and chives from the garden. Maybe rosé or Cava to drink…
What are you up to? If you’re scrambling (pardon the pun) for a recipe idea to bring to an Easter or Passover breakfast, lunch or brunch, scroll down to check out my spring asparagus frittata. However you spend the weekend, I hope it’s lovely, and that you can slow down to catch and savor the simple moments.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- National Park Week starts today! Through 23 April the National Park Service is offering FREE entry — a perfect excuse to #findyourpark and explore (+ support) the natural world around you.
- While you’re at it, learn 25 simple ways to fight for wildlife.
- Doesn’t this video make you want to book a trip to Cornwall, England?
- Two Easter-friendly, bean-centric appetizer ideas: 1) baby carrots + roasted garlic hummus planter pots + 2) prettiest pink beet-white bean hummus + crudites.
- Dye eggs naturally this year.
- Three words: Bunny. Butt. Pancakes.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Spring asparagus frittata (GF + dairy-free + vegetarian)
- Read through top kitchen DIYs from dietitians and food experts, including myself, now featured on Oldways!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!