WEEKEND POST 125
Happy Saturday! Fun plans this weekend? We’d like to brew a reincarnation of a past Goesch Brewery favorite, but my guess is that the usual erranding and house/yard to-dos will take up the bulk of our free time. More likely, a few games of Kubb (homemade!), taking in the last warm rays of the evening sun, cold drinks in hand, should be perfect.
Come Monday it’s back to real life and, for me, back to the open road. Crossing state lines again, this time to the north — Virginia for a week of consults in two different (fortunately close) locations. New scenery is always nice, but with that comes logging lots of miles in the car and points at the hotel. I like to leave snack and meal options ready in the fridge for my husband + some for me to take. So as soon as I finish here, it’s back to prepping and cooking. At least the veg is done…
Here’s to favorable weather for all of us to get some quality time outdoors, and don’t forget my top links for the week (check out the Mondo Butter if you missed it).
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- If you’ve seen a lot of puzzle piece ribbons lately, it’s because April is National Autism Awareness Month — a nationwide effort to promote acceptance and inclusion of the tens of thousands already diagnosed or facing a new diagnosis. Autism prevalence in America is now approximately one in every 68 children. Help promote awareness.
- This chef is on a mission to make institutional food better for you and better for the earth.
- Adding A Cat in Paris to our must-watch list.
- How many of famous classical pieces can you identify? (16/20)
- Reviewing five of the best smartphone cameras. Which do you prefer?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Mondo Butter [peanut-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, salt-free, vegetarian, vegan]
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!