WEEKEND POST 126
A wicked band of thunderstorms provided the entertainment for the journey from Virginia yesterday. Swirling and drenching and crashing and flashing, white knuckles (+ a couple prayers) took me safely home.
Brilliant blues skies and cool, calm breezes today — a pleasant change from a tumultuous start to the weekend.
These photos are from the dock at our seafood shack on the ICW. It’s among the very few “beach” locales we frequent in summer. Worth suffering through the tourist traffic to do so. At least in the early morning, and I look forward to many, many visits in the coming months.
Anything exciting planned for the rest of your weekend? Travelling or staying put, I hope the weather is kind. Take care, and don’t miss all of my favorite links + the HGN updates below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- May is Celiac Disease Awareness Month. Did you know that approximately 3 million people in the United States have celiac disease, but only 10% have been diagnosed? Learn about the signs and symptoms.
- Zoey and Jasper are TOO. MUCH.
- Real + scary usage of common punctuation.
- A podcast combining nature with Australian accents.
- So campy, but it’s one of my top five flicks. Remake on the horizon?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Ice-bath onions
- Weekend Post 125
- Get in a seafood-y mood with a timely guest post in the Oldways Ask the Experts column, featuring my spicy calamari stew with garlicky croutons!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!