WEEKEND POST 133
This Weekly Suppers trackback is a light lunch that came together in minutes — composed salads of cucumber ribbons, edamame and chopped pistachios atop a roughly 1/2-inch-thick slice of super sweet locally-grown cantaloupe, simply dressed with a squeeze of lime, homemade mint oil + fresh mint and the first leaves of our baby spinach.
Sometimes combining what fresh ingredients you have (+ what matches!) makes for the pleasantest of mealtime surprises.
What do you have planned for Saturday and Sunday? We’re settling into our cabin rental in the mountains, crossing our fingers the rain lets up. And though my phone is usually a main artery to friends, family, work and the world, I am very much looking forward to limited access. (Other than for capturing memories, of course…)
Here’s to a weekend that’s beyond relaxing, and don’t miss my updates + favorite links below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- June is celebrated as Men’s Health Month. Encourage your dads, husbands, brothers, sons — all the men in your life — to adopt smart lifestyle and nutrition habits to promote long-lasting health + wellness.
- I never thought someone could be so excited about a kitchen hack.
- Iraqi date cookies are works of art.
- Talk about killing two birds with one stone… get it? Stone…..
- Meanwhile, this massive print of real birds would be an awesome in a child’s room!
- “Il pesto è bueno.“
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!