WEEKEND POST 141
Snapped this photo waiting in a roadwork queue on the way home from Virginia the other week. One of those mornings you could darn near wring the humidity from the thick, still air.
I can almost feel that radiating heat all over again just looking at it.
If this weekend’s expected stormy cloud cover shoves off in timely manner I may get a pretty decent “look” at Monday’s eclipse on the commute into SC for a week in Charleston…
Until then, LOTS of updates + links below to share this week, and here’s to all of our chances not being thwarted to (safely) view this once-in-a-lifetime event!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month, created to raise awareness about immunization (vaccination) — the exposure to a very small, safe amount of the common infections that trains our immune systems to recognize and attack, ultimately helping prevent serious, life-threatening diseases. Learn about the immunization facts and myths.
- Everyone deserves proper nourishment. Do something good for yourself + spread that good to others by taking the Power Your Lunchbox pledge!
- Have kitties like us? Keep them away from these plants, foods + common household items!
- Speaking of pets, are you curious if the eclipse can damage their little eyes as it can ours?
- Reading in solidarity.
- Want to camp, and have $1,200 burning a hole in your pocket?
- Exciting rediscovery of a “lost bird” species in Venezuela.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Nutrient Spotlight on Iron
- Weekend Post 140
- I’m among excellent company in the new Oldways “Ask the Experts” — help littles learn about cooking + healthy foods!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!