WEEKEND POST 143
As I stand here in the early hours, before the sky fully wakes, there is a profound stillness. The dim headlamp on a skiff returning from a morning of fishing in Spicer Bay, barely discernible through the tall marsh grasses, and the rhythmic wing flaps of a lone Canada goose flying low overhead, are the only interruptions.
It’s my favorite time of day. The air is cool(er). The constant winds have yet to kick up. And the clouds. The clouds. If you follow my IG feed you know that our morning skies are rarely dull.
September is finally here, which means Autumn is just around the next corner… Can you believe it? Already planning our Thanksgiving menu in my mind + adding to a running (now very long) Keep list of every autumnally-appropriate recipe I want to enjoy this year. Simple pleasures.
Thunder is lazily grumbling now, and I can just make out a misty curtain in the distance. But I think a few more minutes in my sit spot before the rain catches up. Here’s wishing each of you a happy, safe + dry Labor Day, and don’t miss the latest link + updates awesomeness below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- September is PCOS Awareness Month. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a hormone imbalance found in 1 out of every 10 women that can cause irregular periods, acne, unexplained weight gain, excess hair growth, and infertility. Get the facts.
- Chefs imagine a new future for food in this trailer for Wasted: The Story of Food Waste.
- Our world is filled with eerie natural obscurities.
- If you long for a different world, a book made of star stuff.
- A real version of the Living Pictures Festival for my fellow Gilmore Girls fans!
- Um, where are the adult sizes?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Pâte à Choux Pastry + Simply Sweet Chouquettes
- Weekend Post 142
- Guest post on the Family Food blog about the connection between our sleep habits and weight.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!