WEEKEND POST 148
After a very long, very tiring, very emotionally + mentally taxing week travelling for work, THIS is the kind of package I like to come home to! I spy a couple Riojas, a Viognier, some deep and dark Pinot Noirs + a surprise Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Thank you, Last Bottle.
Really I’m just glad, as always, to be back in my kitchen, and excited to prepare a few special meals together for our anniversary weekend. One… okay, fine, maybe two… of these bottles will complement nicely — happy six years to us + to you, my love!
What are you looking forward to this weekend? If you’re in a more northern area, I hope the autumn colors are beginning to pop! Here’s to much relaxation, decompression and maybe some outdoors fun trampling crunchy leaves, but first, pop down for my latest updates + favorite links from around the interwebs this past week. Oh, and sending all the best birthday wishes Wisconsin-ward to my sister-in-law Amy!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- October is Vegetarian Awareness Month. Going veg at least once weekly saves money, reduces your environmental footprint, and can improve your own health. A diet rich in veg, fruit, legumes + whole grains increases intake of fiber + cuts that of saturated and trans fats, and provides certain nutrients only found in plants. Peruse my Meatless Mains on Pinterest for healthy, delicious meal ideas + check out these vegetarian tips from Oldways.
- The new Delicioso stamps are making me hungry.
- Composers who gave a melodic voice to Mother Nature.
- Creeping on the fall colors back home (check out the mini drone videos)!
- Do you use the phrases “toodle-oo” or “toot sweet”? Learn the true meanings + pronunciations.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!