WEEKEND POST 149
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!
— Robert Louis Stevenson
The comforting smell of wood smoke is drifting in on the breeze with more regularity these days, much to my delight. Adding to the faux-ll feel are these natural clusters of goldenrod + these crispy bronze fern fronds (aptly called Autumn Brilliance) dotting the wetlands in our backyard. Little things save the day.
What are your plans this weekend? We have a construction zone to sort out, or at least make some more headway on. All this painting, sanding, drilling, vacuuming — I think the cats are ready to revolt! The 4,386th new food we started them on this morning is a hit, though, so hopefully that appeases them (and helps poor Clawde).
Here’s to a peaceful + healthy weekend, and don’t miss my updates + links below before you go.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Three out of every 1,000 mammograms result in a breast cancer diagnosis, according to the American Cancer Society. Early detection increases chances of survival to more than 90%, so schedule yourself an appointment this month and encourage your loved ones to do the same! Mammogram party?
- More evidence that our pets are part of the family.
- Listen to a full hour of classic spooky movie music.
- A new app designed to help make travel planning less stressful.
- Or maybe you prefer this app with which you can quite literally wake up to the sound of bacon cooking?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Weekend Post 148
- Giving the site a needed polishing — check out my new In The Press page + updates to the Home and Meet Me pages!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!