WEEKEND POST 150
For a fleeting period of time it was drizzly and moody autumn-almost-winter here in North Carolina. Out came the extra comforter, the slippers, and the belly-warming meals. But now we’re back to bright blue, sunny + hot, sweating under the blanket we keep forgetting to take off the bed.
A long overdue Weekly Suppers flashback to a pan of pasta this week. Little ears with sauteed garlic and lemon broccoli + feta whipped with lemon zest and hot red chilli flakes. At the table a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over our bowls, and glasses of our bright + crisp Grüner Veltiner to toast with. Another deliciously comforting meal!
What do you have planned this weekend? Here the to-dos are making up new batches of homemade yogurt + mondo butter, curiously watching the Packers sans Aaron, and those never-ending outdoor chores (at least it’s warm again). Hope your weekend is sunny + great, and if you’re in the mood for perusing, check out my updates + links from here and there…
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- October is National Seafood Month, highlighting the sustainability of U.S. fisheries from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico. Celebrate by being picky about the types of seafood you eat to help revive and sustain the health of our oceans for generations to come, and maybe enjoying my spiced tomato-coconut curry with cod (linked below)!
- In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the red cabbage in our fridge will get the spa treatment for a deliciously pink pasta supper.
- Lace up your shoes and hit the pavement, trail, treadmill or beach for at least 17 minutes daily.
- How do you perceive the failures of others vs. your own?
- Let your creative juices flow with these not-so-spooky Halloween coloring pages. And if you have a Google Home or an Android phone, ask Google to “play scary sounds” for some fun background music.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Sri Lankan Cod Curry + Charred Green Beans
- Weekend Post 149
- Super, super chuffed for a guest feature of my salmon burgers recipe on Sitka Salmon Shares — a “Community Supported Fishery” program connecting Alaskan fishermen with hungry Midwesterners.
- Also over on the Oldways experts’ column sharing tips + recipes for winning over meat lovers with veg dishes.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!