WEEKEND POST 152
“Fall [is] the time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”
— Lauren DeStefano
The calm, deep breath before the chill of December. A somber month by most accounts, I think November has an underappreciated elegance about it. Muted earth tones, whisper thin clouds trailing across the sky, the soft light of shorter days. Best of all, it ushers in the holidays. The season of joy + peace, cozy nights + celebrating with family is drawing near!
This weekend we’re trying something new with homebrewing: three different beers from one master red ale brew. Coming soon to the Goesch tavern are a nitro tap red, a kettle-soured red + a classic standard red ale. Waiting is the hardest part…
Anything exciting on tap for you? Enjoy whatever the weekend brings, and read on for my updates + links o’ the week!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. Research links seafood consumption, even as little as in one meal per week, with reduced risk of Alzheimer’s in those with genetic predisposition. Learn more about the foods that may help prevent or ease symptoms of this debilitating form of dementia.
- Venez dîner à la maison — the enviable traditions of a French dinner party.
- The glass can make or break your beer-drinking experience.
- Get a jump on the festive feelings.
- This free computer program interprets a photograph using patterns found in a painting.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!