WEEKEND POST 153
Thankfully my nerd senses prevailed and here we now find ourselves at 11:11 on 11-11! Might as well make a wish.
Anywho, ribbons of red cabbage + julienned carrots tossed in a vinaigrette of sorts with sesame oil, soy, fresh ginger, lime, Sambal Oelek + a bit of honey. The pan-crisped tofu batons (tempeh would be a nice alternative) were a warm contrast to the cold veg. A small handful of fresh mint + basil to finish. Easy, vibrantly colored, nom.
What are you up to this weekend? This afternoon, stair work + Badgers, and finishing our brewing, all while oxtails braise in red wine for boeuf Bourguignon over horseradish mashed cauliflower. As always, take a look at this week’s round-up of links before you go. Have a good one and, thank you to each of our veterans!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- A group of diseases marked by high blood glucose resulting from defects in insulin production, insulin action, or both, diabetes can lead to serious medical complications or premature death, and it affects nearly 30 million people in the US. November is Diabetes Awareness Month and Tuesday (the 14th) is World Diabetes Day, so take a few minutes to learn more about the symptoms, causes and living with the condition.
- Today begins Project FeederWatch season. Get excited and join the fun!
- I don’t cocktail, but mmmm, smoky.
- For those of us who can’t make it to the Sistine Chapel in person.
- Google’s alternative to passwords may make your accounts safer.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!