WEEKEND POST 155
This was our sixth Thanksgiving here, and we were elated to trade our quiet, intimate November holiday for two for one overflowing with family love + stories + little girl giggles, making our house feel like a home.
The feast centered around two of our traditional mains — smoked turkey legs + mole turkey breast with homemade mole sauce. To fill the rest of the table: Oaxacan spiced roasted carrots, braised chilli-lemon collards, crispy roasted cumin Brussels sprouts + pearl onions, jalapeño-grapefruit cranberry mostarda, roasted garlic-bay smashed rutabaga + glasses of Cava twinkling in the candlelight, followed by individual vacherin pumpkin “pies.”
Over the course of the weekend with his parents and sister, plus her two daughters, we caught up on months of news + banked many new memories until the next visit. Messy, loud, entertaining and delicious — the best kind of chaos.
Hope you also enjoyed the weekend, and don’t forget the links + updates below. Happy Sunday!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. Research links seafood consumption — even as little as in one meal per week — with reduced risk of Alzheimer’s in those with genetic predisposition. Learn more about Alzheimer’s + foods that may help prevent or ease symptoms of this debilitating form of dementia.
- One man’s examination of America’s obsession with beer.
- The making of Parmesan cheese.
- Definitely noticed this occurrence with our ospreys.
- Thunderstorms on track to amplify over time — one of my worst nightmares.
- Surprising ranking of flyover states.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!