WEEKEND POST 157
Do you have snow? Opening up to the world on social media this morning we found that every other location we once called home — including the Gulf coasts of both Texas and Florida — received at least a festive dusting, and here we are damp + dreary with blowing, spitty, gross rain that hasn’t let up for two days. D’oh.
Inside, the fireplace is getting a workout, the Holiday Stream is queued up, and the homemade gift preparations have finally commenced. For supper, wintry pear + sage stuffed turkey burgers with caramelized onions on focaccia, a green salad + a new Chardonnay, followed (hopefully) by popcorn + a Christmas movie!
Before you go play in the white stuff, or afterward as you warm up with a mug of cocoa, take a peek below for a few fun links from around the webs. Have a great weekend!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The holiday season is a special time for visiting with family + friends and celebrating traditions. However, with all of its travel, rushing about + general stimulation overload, it can also be a time for unrelenting stress. This December learn about triggers + try a few tricks to make it a truly peaceful National Stress-Free Holidays Month.
- It’s not too late to start an Advent calendar, and why not learn a few new words in the process?
- AT-AT Imperial (Dog) Walker!
- Also, Star Calvin & Hobbes Wars.
- I absolutely quite like some of these as yet…
- An astonishingly beautiful collection of nature images.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!