WEEKEND POST 158
I guess you could call my spreadsheet bookkeeping next-level neurotic. But to wrap both the Christmas gifts + the year’s finances before December ends is totally worth celebrating.
Annnnd by celebrate, I mean nestle into a warm pile of blankets on the couch with the cats, a good book, mellow tunes + a deep glass of something delicious, because my 2017 travels — work only — topped 9,250 miles. That’s longer than a straight line from here to Antarctica!
That cozy wish will have to wait, however, as we leave soon on a journey north for Christmas. The Midwestern endpoint and all the smiling faces upon our arrival make this one last road trip worth it.
What do you have planned this weekend? I’m off to finish cleaning, packing + making travel bites. Check out the latest links + updates below, and if you would be so kind as to vote for my pickled cranberries with orange + rosemary in the US Cranberries “Friendsgiving Contest,” I’d love your support. Thanks, and here’s to a lovely Saturday!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Today — the third Saturday in December — is National Wreaths Across America Day. A day to pause and honor our nation’s service men, women + their families by laying wreaths at headstones of those lost. Learn more about this special day + ways to support the cause.
- Thou shalt respect thy wine.
- How does your garden grow? Amazon wants to know.
- A sweet illustration to remind us that the season of peace + joy + love (+ hopefully some snow) is nearly here.
- Christmas caroling with molecules + radio waves interacting in a magnetic field!
- Equations that help you win my least favorite board game.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!