WEEKEND POST 159
Over in what felt like only a few weeks after it began, 2017 was sure in a hurry. Or maybe it was me with one foot out the door, ready, as always, to get on with it + welcome a new, better, year.
If you know me well, slowing down is something I (really) need to improve upon. Home in Wisconsin for Christmas, I held back from work things to better savor all the little moments — imperfect to mundane to magical — happening in the present. Our time with family still passed in a blink, but the tentative first, slower steps were wonderful.
Cedar Creek Settlement, Cedarburg, WI
Lion’s Den Gorge Nature Preserve, Grafton, WI
And so, thank you for reading, for all of the kind notes, and for the continued support. I am excited to share more of the recipes + goings-on from around here, and wish you + yours love, joy, peace and delicious eats + drinks in 2018.
Here’s to a happy, healthy New Year!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- December is National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, a time to raise awareness about the consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol + drugs. This holiday season (+ all year), please plan safe parties with non-alcoholic options, never serve those under 21, and always, always designate a sober driver.
- A greener spin on a classic hearty winter-friendly pasta dish.
- The name’s Buttons Mousington, Cat Team 7.
- “Don’t eat it too fast… inhaling the powdered sugar [results] in an awful choking cough.” A rite of ‘cooking’ passage for every Midwestern teenager + wise words to heed when indulging.
- The only aerial photos known to exist of the 1967 Ice Bowl, taken from 10,000 feet.
- And now a throwback video for fellow aviation fanatics.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!