WEEKEND POST 165
Predictions are for a late spring, but the lengthening, warmer days proclaim that the south is waking up. Buoying hope that winter is at its end — the blushing allure of camellia japonica, or Japanese camellia.
Though I desperately need to do some weeding, we’re in for several solid days of rain. Perfect weather to finish my latest two reads, give sourdough starter another go + bake comfort in the form of Swedish cinnamon scrolls. What are you up to? Check out the new links + updates below, and have a terrific weekend!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- DYK that cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality for both men and women in the US — accountable for approximately 1 in 4 deaths each year? During American Hearth Month, read about the risk factors + what you can do to protect your one and only ticker.
- … unless you’re Doctor Who or an octopus, and need to be doubly heart-healthy!
- The holiday of heart-shaped treats is next week. Learn how the French order their chocolat.
- If my husband reads this, I’m pretty sure “lava + lightning steaks” will be added to his food bucket list.
- A daily dose of classical music can improve your life.
- The annual Backyard Bird Count begins on Friday. Grab your binocs.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!